|Education & Professional Experience||
2008.5- Associate Professor, Department of Medical Oncology, Fudan University Cancer Hospital.
2004.7-2008.4 Attending doctor, Department of Medical Oncology, Fudan University Cancer Hospital.
2001.9-2004.6 M.D. Tumor Molecular Biology, Fudan University.
1998.9-2001.7 M.S. Hematologic Oncology, Jinan University.
1997.10-1998.8 Attending doctor, Department of Hematologic Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Wannan Medical College.
1992.7-1997.9 Resident doctor, Department of Medical Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Wannan Medical College.
1987.9-1992.6 B.S Clinical Medicine, Wannan Medical College.
|Specialty||I specialize in the care of persons with cancers arising in the chest: including lung cancer, thymoma, esphageal cancer, mediastinal tumors, and cancer of unknown primary site through chemotherapy and biotherapy.|
My research has focused on improving the outcome of patients with thoracic tumor. This effort has been conducted along two tracks. One effort is focused on improving therapy for patients with disease that is not responding to standard therapy (refractory), through the use of molecular targeted therapy, immuno-gene therapy and clinical trial.
A second approach involves developing strategies to optimize the treatment of newly diagnosed thoracic tumor based on clinical factors and the tumor molecular characteristics. I am particularly interested in finding ways to select the best treatments for persons with lung cancer according to standard multimodality therapy (using surgery, radiotherapy, and chemotherapy together to destroy cancers) and to develop novel adjuvant immunotherapy strategies for protecting from recurrence and metastasis.
1. Hu A, Wu X*, Li Z, Wang H, Li J, Yao M, Chen X, Qu S, Xu Y, Gu J. A novel gene delivery system targeting Tie2 for cancer gene therapy.Anticancer Res. 2010;30(6):1999-2004.（* Corresponding author）.
2. Zhang J, Hu X, Liu X, Wu X, Sun S, Zhang Q, Zhao X, Ren H, Hong X. Prognostic factors in primary gastric non-Hodgkin's lymphoma--a single-center retrospective analysis of 103 cases from China. Hepatogastroenterology. 2010; 57(101):989-96.
3. Chang J, Zhao X, Wu X, Guo Y, Guo H, Cao J, Guo Y, Lou D, Yu D, Li J. A Phase I study of KH901, a conditionally replicating granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor: armed oncolytic adenovirus for the treatment of head and neck cancers. Cancer Biol Ther. 2009 ; 8(8):676-82.
4. Wu X, Li Z, Yao M, Wang H, Qu S, Chen X, Li J, Sun Y, Xu Y, Gu J. Identification and characterization of a novel peptide ligand of Tie2 for targeting gene therapy. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin . 2008 ;40(3):217-25.
5. Li Z, Zhao R, Wu X, Sun Y, Yao M, Li J, Xu Y, Gu J. Identification and characterization of a novel peptide ligand of epidermal growth factor receptor for targeted delivery of therapeutics. FASEB J. 2005 ;19(14):1978-85.
6. Wu X, Zhao R, Li Z, Yao M, Wang H, Han J, Qu S, Chen X, Qian L, Sun Y, Xu Y, Gu J. A novel small peptide as a targeting ligand for receptor tyrosine kinase Tie2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004 ;315(4):1004-10.
Excellent M.Sc. thesis in Medical school of Jinan University ,2001.
First-level federation award of Fudan University, 2003.